This Event is being conducted by Pro Racing Sunshine Coast Pty Ltd ACN 634 972 213 of c/- ACA, University of the Sunshine Coast, Building T-Sports Precinct, 90 Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs QLD 4556 (referred to as ‘Pro Racing’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ in this document).
Each participant must complete their own entry. You can complete your entry online at www.cyclesunshinecoast.com.au. Entries must be completed and submitted before the event and may not be accepted on the day.
If you are under the age of 18, your must have your parent or legal guardian complete your entry for you.
You/your parent or legal guardian acknowledge that you/they have read and agree to the terms and conditions of entry set out in this document prior to registering for the event.
- Waiver for participation in the event
- You understand that this event and the associated activities organised or conducted by Pro Racing (together referred to as ‘Event’) are in the nature of ‘extreme sport’. You understand that the Event has inherent risks and dangers that cannot be completely eliminated, ranging from risk of minor injuries to catastrophic injuries including permanent disability and death. You understand that the risks include but are not limited to those caused by terrain, routes, weather, equipment, your condition on the day, and actions of other people such as other participants and volunteers.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are participating in the Event freely and voluntarily at your own risk. You agree that we will not be responsible for any injury suffered by you or your death as a result of participating in the Event.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to waive your rights of action against and fully release us including our officers, employees, agents, volunteers, contractors, public bodies, landholders and sponsors from all liability, claims, demands and actions arising from any loss, damages, injury or death that you may suffer by participating in the Event including but not limited to liability arising from any negligent act or omission, breach of statutory duty, or breach of contract.
- You agree to fully indemnify us and hold us harmless against any loss or damages suffered by you or any other person arising from your participation in the Event.
- You agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are physically fit to participate in the Event. You confirm that you/the participant has no health-related reasons or problems which would affect your participation in the Event, and you have not been advised by a qualified medical professional to not participate in the Event.
- You warrant (binding promise) that:
- you have honestly and truthfully disclosed all information requested in our entry form;
- you possess all qualifications that we require for letting you participate in the Event; and
- you are physically fit to participate safely in the Event and that you have not received medical advice to the contrary.
- You acknowledge that:
- you have read the whole of this document and you fully understand its content;
- we have advised you that it is highly recommended that you obtain personal health insurance to cover any accident or injury or other risk you may incur when participating in the Event; and
- we may post additional Event rules and regulations on our website www.cyclesunshinecoast.com.au or as otherwise advised by us. Those rules and regulations are expressly incorporated into these terms and conditions.
- You agree:
- to these terms and conditions as a condition for you to participate in the Event;
- to comply with our Event rules and regulations;
- to assume all of the risks of participating in the Event;
- that you are solely responsible for the security and safety of your athletic equipment and other personal belongings during the Event;
- to allow your photo, video or likeness to be used for any marketing, promotional or other business purpose by us or our sponsors;
- that these terms and conditions binds you, your executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, personal representatives, and assigns; and
- that these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that State.
- Medical treatment
- You irrevocably consent to receiving medical treatment including ambulance transportation that we consider advisable or necessary in the event of injury, accident, and or illness during the Event.
If agreeing as a parent/guardian of a participant, you hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- you have read the whole of this document, fully understand it, and have explained it to the Participant;
- you are aware of the risks and dangers of the Event and am aware of the obligations set out in this document; and
- you consent to the Participant participating in the Event.
In consideration of the Participant being accepted to participate in the Event, you agree to the terms and conditions set out in this document on behalf of the Participant